Sunday 10 July 2011

Editing

The next stage of replicating Britney Spear's video, 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' was to edit the raw footage from filming. To do this I used the software program, 'Adobe Premier Pro'. The first thing I did was to import the song into the program. Once that was imported I then imported the footage. I muted the audio that came with these pieces of footage as I wanted to use the song and not the audio on the footage.


The editing for this video was simple. Most of the cuts within the video were straight cuts. To recreate this all I had to do was to cut the footage were I wanted to cut it and to remove the bits that I didn't want. For example the the first shot in the video was that of Britney's foot tapping her desk in the classroom. The next shot was of her tapping her pencil on the table. Connecting these shots was a jump cut. To create this I took the footage of Kristina Lowe, who played Britney in that shot, tapping her foot against the table and cut it at the appropriate moment where it should jump to the shot of her tapping her pencil. This shot had to be cut down to six seconds long. I took the footage that was left over and deleted it. I then took the next piece of footage and slid it next to the other piece of footage on the time line and thus creating a jump cut.
I found the task of editing the footage, that we had filmed to replicate Britney's video fairly difficult because there were lots of short shots on the video that required our footage to be cut quite considerably in order for it to fit the audio that belongs to Britney's video. Also due to the fact that in the dancing part some of our dancers were not taking this task seriously there were lots of different takes taken just to film one shot. This then made the important footage difficult to find when editing the video. This also meant that I lost time trying to find a piece of footage that could have been easily found if it had shot properly in less takes then it had done. I have edited the first 40 seconds of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment